Learn the basics of Sustainable Resource Management (SRM).
By the end of this lesson, participants will be able to:
• Identify what materials are being disposed and locate resources on existing disposal data.
• Explain what is meant by the term Sustainable Resource Management according to the National Standard Certification Board of the National Recycling Coalition
• Describe why wasting occurs and the various systems needed to manage waste and resources more sustainably
• Predict what materials currently have high levels of disposal
• Describe the fundamental principles and practices related to waste reduction and reuse; recycling and composting
• List at least 5 primary (or market) categories of resources or materials
• Explain the meaning of the various technical terms and language used in an SRM system.
• Summarize examples of 1-2 resources or materials within each primary (or market) category.
• State personal examples of items they currently use that are wasteful and could be eliminated
• Differentiate the different types of material streams among various sectors, such as residential and commercial.
Instructor: Judi Gregory
You selected to get the course Introduction to SRM (SRM01). Please Login or Signup to get it.