Gain insight into the various systems needed to collect resources from residential, commercial and industrial establishments.
By the end of this lesson, participants will be able to:
• Identify the various bins and carts used to collect waste and recyclables
• Contrast the differences in collection systems for residential and commercial resource streams
• Classify resources into collection categories that optimize both diversion and costs
• Identify at least four different facility types needed in an SRM system
• Classify different materials by the type of facility that can handle, process and sort resources for secondary markets
• Differentiate the environmental impacts of landfilling and incineration
• Describe how contamination impacts the sorting and processing of materials
• Contrast the process for sorting, processing and marketing two common recyclable materials
• Discuss various factors in processing systems that can affect the amount of residual being produced and ultimately lead to the decision to dispose of resources
Instructor: Jack Debell
You selected to get the course SRM Infrastructure (SRM04). Please Login or Signup to get it.